There is a new trend in tattooing: ultraviolet tatts, aka blacklight tatts.
- UV tatts are tatts made with a special ink that is visible under uv light.
- UV tatts are either invisible or faintly visible under normal light, although scarring from the needle may be apparent. UV ink is also available that shows the tatt in normal light but some inks visible in normsl light will not be as vibrant in uv.
- A uv tatt may be monochromatic or in multiple colours.
- Some people use uv highlights on regular tatts.
- UV tatts cost more and take longer to ink on than traditional tatts.